The Teamsters Local 2010 Bargaining Team for Administrative Officer 2 (AO2) workers held the line on improved salary ranges and step increases for AO2s across the state and came to a tentative agreement with the University of California in early March.
After more than a year of negotiations and 21 bargaining sessions, the agreement for this worker classification that became part of Local 2010 in late 2020, includes:
• 3% across-the-board pay increase, which was received by AO2s starting July 1, 2021.
• New Union-negotiated pay ranges including pay steps for each location, effective January 1, 2022.
• Workers will be placed at the step closest to, but not less than, their current pay.
• All AO2s will receive an additional 1-step increase (approximately 2.25%), effective January 1, 2022.
• $800 lump-sum payment within sixty (60) days of ratification.
“Bargaining these wage increases is a good step in showing the AO2s the value of having a union,” says Local 2010 Secretary-Treasurer Jason Rabinowitz.