1. We helped elect Malia Vella from Teamsters 856 to the Alameda City Council
2. We helped elect Ahsha Safai to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors. In fact, we swept all of our races in San Francisco.
3. We helped elect Ash Khalra to the 27th Assembly District in San Jose, even in the face of millions of dollars of spending from realtors, charter schools, and corporations.
4. We helped elect Sergio Jimenez to the San Jose City Council.
5. We swept the election of all three candidates for the Santa Rosa City Council.
6. We helped elect Robert Rickman to Tracy Mayor and Rhodesia Ransom to the Tracy City Council
7. We helped elect Michael Tubbs to Stockton Mayor and Dan Wright to the Stockton City Council.
8. We helped elect David Canepa to the San Mateo County Board of Supervisors.
9. We swept all of our races in Contra Costa County.
10. We helped elect Catherine Cortez Masto to represent Nevada in the U.S. Senate and beat Trump there, too.
Additionally, we swept all of our races in the Sacramento area. In the southern part of the Central Valley – a place that traditionally is not friendly to Labor – we won three races in Fresno, one in Bakersfield, helped elect labor champion Holly Blair to the Lemoore City Council, helped elect a labor union staff member to the Tulare City Council, and helped pass a sales tax in Visalia to pay for police services that Teamsters provide.
And all throughout our territory we helped pass ballot measures to raise money for transportation, affordable housing, and public services in nine counties. Not bad.
Saturday, December 10
11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Piedmont Veterans Memorial Bldg., Red Suite
401 Highland Avenue, Piedmont
Come celebrate a sober Holiday Season with the TAP staff, treatment providers, alumni, family, and friends. There will be crafts for kids, holiday music, a raffle and a holiday lunch. Parking is available on the street and limited. For questions, contact Veronica Valdez at 510-562-3600.